dumb newbie question...

Charles Malespin cmalespin at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 02:30:04 UTC 2005

Hi,
  I have been trying to run a dual boot with XP and FC2.  I think I finally know what I need to do to get around the boot problems with XP.  I am making a CD of Knoppix to boot from.  How do I know if I need to shrink my windows partition, and how small do I make it?  I have a 160Gb hard drive and I want 60 windows, 100 FC2.   After this I can just find out what my cyl. heads, etc are from knoppix and run the install normally.  Then enter those numbers at a command line right?  I just want to make sure that I am not missing any steps cause I have been reading 100 differnt ways to do it and I am getting confused.  Is this method going to work?  Thanks to all for the help today, sorry for the dumb newbie questions I just really wanna get started with linux!
Charles

http://mail.yahoo.com