getting and compiling source for things like openssl and opentsa

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Jan 28 10:28:27 UTC 2005

Joel wrote:
> I found some seed tarballs somewhere on the fedora pages,
>
>     cvs-core-devel-20050127.tar.gz
>     cvs-extras-devel-20050127.tar.gz
>
> untarred them in /opt/rhcvs, and tried several versions of make in
> /opt/rhcvs/devel/openssl . make just gives me errors.
>
> For instance, I need a look at the sources, so I tried "make sources"
> and curl says
>
>     curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

This looks like "curl" has been invoked to download something from a
website but got a 404 error (file not found).

>     make: ***[libica-1.3.5.tar.gz] Error 22

Maybe that's what it was trying to download. Is there any reference to
the build process requiring this in a README or INSTALL file?

You probably need to sort out why this is happening before going further.

Paul.