Streaming Music

James Thorpe james at az.hopto.org
Thu May 5 13:16:29 UTC 2005

I'm attempting to set up a simple streaming music system on my FC3 box
to let me listen to my mp3 collection around the house on various
devices.  Ideally it would have a web interface to select songs etc, but
I can probably sort that out myself in php if I can get something up and
running to actually stream the audio.  I currently have sc_serv and
sc_trans_linux from shoutcast set up.  While sc_serv does its job
perfectly well, sc_trans_linux is very basic and only seems to play
files from a playlist, either in order or shuffled - the only control I
seem to have over it is to send it a signal to move to the next track.

Anyony got any advice on other programs that could be used either to
stream music to sc_serv, or serve it themselves?  Ideally they'd have a
web interface already, or have some way of controlling them externally
so I can interface php into it.

Thanks,

James.