Can't boot FC3 boot cdrom

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Wed May 11 09:00:53 UTC 2005

Hi!

I have an old machine which I want to setup as mail/web server. Machine is
the following:
MB ZIDA BX3D-CT
Celeron 400MHz
RAM 196 MB
HDD 2 x 3.2 GB
CDROM 52x

I have a NFS server running on the LAN with FC3 setup files and I have a
FC3 boot cd which I used before on other machines.
The problem is that when it try to boot from cdrom the machine go into
reset. Then I have tried with standard FC3 disk1 cd and there I got error
code -5 - something about memory allocation.
Moreover I have managed to boot only with RH 7.3, all later distributions
gave me the same error code -5 (even windows 2000 and xp).
I have also upgraded to the latest bios possible.

Can someone help me or if someone has had the same issues on the same board?

Regards,
Sasa