[FC4]:upgrade from FC1 problems: yum, up2date

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Thu Nov 3 18:19:32 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Thanks, first, to those who recommended my first-boot should have been
changed to the CD/DVD drive instead of booting from floppy first. My
RH-9>FC1 upgrade somehow had it first checking the floppy drive for the
first boot.  Hmmm...

Anyway, with that fixed, yum and up2date updated to Fc4, BUT the
/etc/yum.conf and apparently files for up2date to point to the right
servers didn't go through, and updates won't work for either of them,
pointing to the old Fedora Legacy update site. Anyone have a yum.conf and
a fix for up2date they can point me to? Thanks for any help!

Gilbert

E-mail: sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***