cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Nov 10 08:58:59 UTC 2005

Sorry for jumping in, I did not follow this thread closely.

Am Donnerstag, den 10.11.2005, 16:59 +1030 schrieb David Abbott:

[description how to rebuild the srpm]

> rpm -Uvh
> kernel-module-nvidia-2.6.13-1.1532_FC4-1.0.7676-0.lvn.2.4.i686.rpm
> nvidia-glx-1.0.7676-0.lvn.2.4.i686.rpm

Uhh, and why don't you simply download the precompiled RPMs?

http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.lvn/kernel-module-nvidia-2.6.13-1.1532_FC4-1.0.7676-0.lvn.2.4.i686.rpm
http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.lvn/nvidia-glx-1.0.7676-0.lvn.2.4.i386.rpm

They should even be installable with yum bye running

# yum install kernel-module-nvidia-$(uname -r)

You of course have to enable livna in yum by doing

rpm -ivh
http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.lvn/livna-release-4-0.lvn.5.4.noarch.rpm

before.

And if they don't work for you please file a bug at bugzilla.livna.org.
By doing that and help fixing the problems everyone has a benefit of it.

> When you upgrade the kernel, follow the same rebuild process.

Or wait 24 hours after a updated kernel is released -- we normally have
updated rpms by that time. We are working on improving that and make the
update process automatic with yum in the future.

CU
thl