Setup Internal caching DNS Server

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 12 07:05:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 15:02 -0500, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Rogers (cable company) in Canada is one of them.  They have plans for
> consumers and businesses, but their agreement stipulates you can't run
> DNS servers under any of their plans.

Though, does that mean that you can't answer DNS queries from the net,
for outsiders wanting your DNS information?  Or they've made it
impossible to run your own resolver, so you can resolve names for
yourself?  They're two entirely different things.

Many ISPs won't let you run servers, but that doesn't mean you can't run
a server that isn't accessed from the outside world.

I read messages from the public lists.