Lost User

Don Flinn flinn at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 17 04:26:29 UTC 2005

Hi

The other week I was trying to remove OpenOffice to install OpenOffice
2.0 because of the repeated crashing of the Fedora version of
OpenOffice.  Somehow, I made my login inoperable.  When I tried to login
the screen went blank for some time then came back to the login screen.
Logging in as root I created another user.  Although I can reach the old
user directories through /home/oldusr it is a real pain especially with
my eudora mail (can't read my old mail).  I tried to recreate the
password for the old user by using passwd, but that didn't cure my
problem.  Anyone have a solution to get my old user login to work again.

Don

--
Don Flinn
President, Flint Security LLC