uol.com.br is now banned from this list

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 18 01:03:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 07:58 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> I suppose the way to definitively solve this issue is to create an
> smtp daemon that tarpits connections from uol.com.br and distribute it
> to enough fedora list users that would bring their smtp servers to
> it's knees within minutes.

Isn't the tradition Unix response to fire off multi-megabyte core dumps
at malcontents on the net?  ;-)

However, an attack, whatever motivated is an attack, and can get you in
trouble while they plead innocent.  Isn't the proper response to
complain to their abuse department, then if that doesn't work, find
their upstream provider and complain to that?

I read messages from the public lists.