SSh, Apache implementation

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 30 14:01:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 08:31 -0500, Franck Y wrote:
> Fellows members,
> I 'll try to explain my problem clearly.
>
> I have two computer.
> The first one is called :  titanic
> The second one: databse
>
> Database has some files/folders who are located in /home/documents.
> Apache is not installed one this one but Samba is and it's working properly.
>

> Titanic as apache installed and running.
>
> What i want is when one one my client will connect to titanic it's
> show the folder /home/documents in databse . And the client will be
> able to browse the folder and dowload the file if he want to. But i
> don't want apache runnig on atabse due to security reason...
>

> Do you have any idea how i can implement this thing ?

What if you had the files to be served on the box running the Apache
server, and remotely accessed the files from the other box you don't
want the webserver on?  (This is the way I've dealt with authoring for a
webserver.)

But my guess is possibly that you might have some SELinux issues with
serving files from home directories (that's configurable), likewise with
serving files over Samba (you might need to mount things in a different
way, or fiddle with Apache settings for the directories you want to
serve).

I read messages from the public lists.