how smart will wireless be in FC5?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:20:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 13:45, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >>Puzzling terminology?
> >>

> >It makes sense for a distribution with a policy of not adding new
> >features in updates to a release.  Those updates are only supposed
> >to contain backported bugfixes for errors in the versions shipped
> >with the release.
> >

> The updates policy has nothing to do with the terminology. I am not sure
> whats the confusion about it. If you want to talk about the policy
> regarding updates.  New disruptive features tend to go into the
> development tree which is not called an errata.

Are you claiming that all new features that aren't disruptive are
included in updates to existing distribution versions?

> Updates in the
> maintained versions, stick close to upstream in Fedora

Shouldn't that mean that an updated prior release Fedora would
be very much like the next version as released?  That hasn't
been my experience. I typically see many new features that I
wouldn't consider disruptive to have in the prior version but
I suppose that's a matter of opinion - if you don't want to call
it policy.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com