Troubles with PHP and sendmail

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Sep 6 22:45:44 UTC 2005

I have been asked to fix a mailform on a RHEL server.
Yah I know this is the Fedora list, but the customer
claims Redhat has yet to respond to him on the issue,
and I don't subscribe to any RHEL lists.

I thought I saw a problem like this discussed in this
list but was unable to find any answers Googleing.

I was able fix most of the PHP/sendmail issues by
configuring the applications that support using
an SMTP server rather than using sendmail. The
applications that use the mail() function are still
causing me problems.

SELinux is a real beast and I haven't figured out how
to adjust policies/contexts or what ever needs to be
adjusted. I haven't had time to read the documentation
on SELinux, and had hoped I wouldn't have to.

Is there a cookie cutter fix to allow the PHP mail()
function to work?

Please, anything but RTFM, would help.

Thank you in advance.

Guy