OT: My Experience and Strategy to migrate MS Windows to Linux

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Sun Sep 18 05:04:48 UTC 2005

Hi all,
It's been a hectic weeks for me lately. As I inform before there was a
suprising change from the top management which in favor for MS Windows over
OpenSource.

However, the migration still went through, because the management only buy
partial license for the PC.

Regarding to the migration process, I write an article or to be exact is a
story of the migration process plus a few tips on how to configure samba and
dosemu to work together.

The story can be read on
http://linux2.arinet.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=2

And the PDF can also be downloaded from
http://linux2.arinet.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=31&func=fileinfo&filecatid=15&parent=folder

I hope this writing can give an inspiration or a general picture for us who
wants to grab a logical solution on licensing cost. It is indeed a high time
for management to migrate to Linux, as it is a logic, feasible, and proper
thing to do for any management that cares for the business.

Best regards from the battle front...
--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
11:50:18 up 1:28, 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 GNU/Linux