fedora and GNU GRUB

Ian mogplus8 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 26 08:14:02 UTC 2005

Hi Gregorio,
I had the same problem, see my post "grub doesn't install". I eventually
found the problem seemed to be associated with LVM. I had to reinstall
FC4 (for about the fifth time...) and when it asked me about
partitioning the drive, I chose manual, then deleted everything to do
with LVM and partitioned using "normal" partitions. The install finished
correctly, grub installed and worked, and I've never looked back.
I'm interested to hear how you go with Agnula. I would also like to have
a play with it, but the doc only mentions FC1, so not sure if it is
compatible with FC4.
Cheers, Ian