just a thought (FC5)

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 19:51:41 UTC 2006

--- alan <alan at clueserver.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Globe Trotter wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I thought the context was clear: I was referring to the "login
> screen":
> > it is the same thing as the GDM display login screen.
> >
> > I guess that is customizable: however, the way it is currently done by
> default
> > (which is what most users will see the first time) is not very
> > professional-looking in my opinion.
>
> What is "profesional looking"?  Do we need to add a neck-tie?
>
> "Profesional looking" is pretty subjective, in my opinion.  The current is
> fairly well done from a graphics design viewpoint.  If you have
> suggestions to make it look better or improved in some way, then that
> might be useful.
>
> "Not profesional looking" is too vague to be useful.

Yes, of course. I agree with you. So, basically, what I was saying that I do
not really like the username and password in the GDM login screen to be in the
middle of the corner.

What is worse in my opinion is putting Session, Languages etc there, hanging in
the middle left of the screen. It does not look aligned. I would suggest it
went back to the bottom or the top of somewhere else, or wherever it could be
more pleasing as a transition.

As I have said, it is minor, but since FC is so professional in at least most
other regards that I can tell, I think this is a bit jarring.

Would you like more clarifications?

Best,
Trotter