AIGLX compared with Novell XGL

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Thu Jul 13 02:08:48 UTC 2006

Hi Trond,

I would like to hear your thoughts on the Novell version of XGL as shown
in this cool google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-199899523054020719&q=Linux

Is the Fedora version anywhere as advanced as this ?, the last time I
tried it, it really screwed up my configuration and it took a lot of
yuming to fix.

For me, watching this video make me feel really jealous,  However, I
agree with the Fedora development approach on the GLX issues but, Novel
have all this candy "in the here and now", and I think that makes a big
difference, are we talking Fedora 10 ?

Well I suppose at least it's on Linux before Vista :)

Thanks in advance.

Albert.