default mail app

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 10:56:19 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 10:25, Rob Andrews wrote:
> On 09-Nov-2006 18:00.05 (GMT), John Aldrich wrote:
>  > > Hi John. Preferred applications used to be on KDE's menu, but no
>  > > longer is, but if you go to /usr/share/applications, and double click
>  > > on "gnome-default-applications" you can change the default mailreader.
>  >
>  > I really wish that if Fedora is going to package KDE and Gnome, that
>  > they would make it easier to change the default apps... it's annoying as
>  > hell! :/
>
> You'll find a section called "Preferred Applications" in your GNOME
> Preferences menu. This will allow you to change the default mail
> application.
>
> As for KDE, I really don't know.

For kde apps it is in the kde control center > kde components > component
chooser.  The problem arises because if you use a gnome-centric browser it
will default to gnome packages, so it has to be set up through gnome
preferences.  I believe someone said that FF has its own preference settings
that have to be changed.

Anne