FC6: Modem not detected but shows up on PCI list

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 17:06:29 UTC 2006

--- Richard England <rengland at europa.com> wrote:

> I did a fresh install (not upgrade) on my FC4 system
> to FC6 and my modem
> is not detected.  It worked really well on FC4.
>
> Is there a site that describes how to trouble shoot
> this?
>
> Nothing about the modem shows up in dmesg and the
> device does not show
> up when I look at the GUI  "network" setup
> application.
>
> If anyone has a clue, I can provide more details.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> /sbin/lspci reports:
> 00:09.0 Communication controller: Agere Systems
> Venus Modem (V90, 56KFlex)
>
> /sbin/kudzu -sp  reports:
> class: MODEM
> bus: PCI
> detached: 0
> desc: "Agere Systems Venus Modem (V90, 56KFlex)"
> vendorId: 11c1
> deviceId: 0480
> subVendorId: 11c1
> subDeviceId: 0480
> pciType: 1
> pcidom:    0
> pcibus:  0
> pcidev:  9
> pcifn:  0
>

> --
> --Richard

You can download scanModem.gz from

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/scanModem.gz

and run as root
# gunzip scanModem.gz
# ./scanModem

should return more information about your modem.
If the modem worked in FC4, it should also work in
FC6.

Regards,

Antonio

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre