Proposed changes for fedora

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Nov 28 15:42:47 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 07:51, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>Anne Wilson wrote:
>>>      I agree wholeheartedly.  Although I have never had any problems
>>> with installing Fedora, it is still a good idea to have a short
>>> survey after the installation (assuming, of course you are able to
>>> complete the installation) where people can sound off on how their
>>> individual installation went or how it can be improved.
>>
>> OK - 300,000 installs in 3.5 weeks.  Would you be prepared to sort the
>> wheat from the chaff in these reports?
>
>So what you are saying is,
>there are so many problems we are going to ignore them?
>
>Or else you believe there are very few problems,
>in which case you would find 99% say "No problem encountered".
>
>I would have thought it would be relatively easy
>to set up a multiple choice survey
>which would give an immediate picture of users' experience.

Yes, and trigger it with something like fiftyeth boot, working on the same
principle as firstboot, but not popping up the survey until the box has
accumulated some real world usage, then ask for the report..  I like that
idea, a lot.  The real question as I said to Anne, is getting the right
questions asked in the form to be filled out & sent.  That will resemble
cat herding I'm sure.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)