What's a good lock box ??

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 15:27:57 UTC 2006

On 29/11/06, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > Jim Cornette wrote:
> >
> >> I only had cell phones and no land line when my wife bought her a
> >> laptop. We could not register at home even though we had high speed. We
> >> had to wait and register when we brought the laptop over to a person who
> >> had a land line to register. Some people say that they never had to
> >> register, but authentication of the license had to be performed in some
> >> manner.
> >
> > You (or maybe someone else) keeps saying this,
> > but does one _have to_ "authenticate" Windows?
> > I've installed several versions of Windows on virgin machines,
> > and I don't recall having to be on the internet before Windows worked.
> > I had to put in the secret 20-cipher code, and then Windows ran.
> >
> > As it happened, last time I installed I could not get onto the internet
> > until I downloaded a driver for my WiFi device (on a different machine).
> >

> I've heard references that non-networked versions of XP are alright and
> will function until it connects to the Internet. This might have saved
> you from the hassle until you got the wifi connected. I do not delve too
> deeply into the innards of M$ policies. I did however have to curse M$
> on the phone when getting re-activation numbers over the telephone for
> re-installed systems.
>
> Jim

Windows XP will function for 30 days without registering it. I had to
do this recently on a friends computer. Actually, we had to call
Microsoft, who were very easy to deal with and gave us a number to
punch into Windows with no problems. Guy didn't speak a word of
Hebrew, though. I think that all the calls are routed to England or
something.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/love.html