[Fedora] Re: Failover setup

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Tue Apr 17 20:22:44 UTC 2007

 OK.
Have a standby box prepared and ready, shutdown and waiting.
If the primary goes down, your users will call you. Go in and simply swap it
out. No?

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Ashley M. Kirchner
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:09 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: [Fedora] Re: Failover setup

Rick Stevens wrote:
> You still have a single point of failure (the Linux box), but you have
> redundant broadband links.

    Guys, the problem isn't the lines going down.  We have a Cisco router
handling two T1s coming in and it does just fine whenever some idiot
contractor decides to slice a cable somewhere in town.  That's not where my
problem is.  My problem is the firewall that sits between the Cisco and our
internal network.  That's what I'm trying to figure out some kind of
failover setup.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.