installing FC7 via PXE Server on FC6: TFTP keeps Timing out ?

Ferindo Middleton ferindo.middleton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 02:16:04 UTC 2007

I'm using the "Setting Up a PXE Server" in Appendix B. of the FC7
Installation guide:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f7/en_US/ap-pxe-server.html

I've never done this before and can't figure out why I keep getting the
message: "TFTP Open Timeout"... The computer being installed to appears to
be getting an IP from the dhcpd server but I guess something's wrong with
the tftp server .... I followed the instructions above exactly but the
laptop I'm installing to apparently isn't getting a response back from the
tftp server after it gets the IP address.

justferindo