problems with rewrite rules for clean urls for Drupal

Scott sberry at northlc.com
Wed Aug 22 00:07:46 UTC 2007

Hello there,

I am having a problem here.  I want to make clean urls fro Drupal.  They give me an example for fc4 but I don't see what is going on here.  Here is my rewrite rules:

# Clean Urls for Drupal
  # Rewrite current-style URLs of the form 'index.php?q=x'.
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

# Clean Urls 2
  RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^/$
  RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^/(files|misc|uploads)(/.*)?
  RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(php|ico|png|jpg|gif|css|js|html?)(\W.*)?
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
</Directory>

And the error I get from apache is this:
[root at pilotalk ~]# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 16 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/drupal.conf:
Invalid command '\xa0', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included i
 the server configuration
                                                           [FAILED]
[root at pilotalk ~]#

But I don't see a xa0' in my conf file.  What is up with this I wonder?

Scott