The Case of the Missing Characters

kwhiskers{ kuiskers at telus.net
Fri Feb 2 06:56:28 UTC 2007

On February 1, 2007, Claude Jones wrote:
> KMail has some pretty powerful tools for configuring and managing multiple
> email accounts, and it takes some learning. Let's assume you've created a
> filter in Kmail to send all your fedora-list traffic into a subfolder.
> Let's assume you've also set up a number of identities (I set up a separate
> identity for each email account, and configure the sigs differently for
> example); you could then right click on that folder, and in the properties
> for that folder, you could choose which identity would be used for all
> replies to mail originating from that folder. Now, that's just scratching
> the surface...

I will have to try some of that. I've got the separate identities and the
separate sigs, but o folders yet. Never made new folders of used filters.
Just tonight, I decided to try to fetch yahoo and google mail.

Yahoo works great, but google doesn't. I can send to google, but not receive
reliably. When I try to receive, nothing happens, so I log in and the mail is
there. I set pop enabled and it sets a time, the time of my last email. I log
out and download and all mail comes. I send another, and same thing. It won't
come and I have to log in and reset pop enable again and the time now is the
time of this next letter, etc. Strange.

--
kwhiskers{