VLC for Fedora 7 - [SOLVED]

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 2 09:30:22 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>               Movies on Fedora Core 7

> # yum install libdvdcss.i386 0:1.2.9-4.lvn6  and it worked great. So
> here is all you need to do to get vlc working. I suggest you delete
> totem which claims to show movies but can't.
>
> Karl
Hi Karl,

This is a polite request to use the reply button when continuing an
existing thread {ie do not start a new thread when you are following up
an earlier thread you started}. Most mail reading apps are programmed to
understand the threading ID's that are within the {hidden} headers of
your emails, and they use this to group messages as one thread. This
makes it seem a lot less noisy on the list, and keeps replies and
comments about a single issue all together. {It isn't enough for the
subject of the message to be the same}.

Additionally, when reporting success or a solution, it is customary to
reply to your original message in the thread, modifying the subject to be:
Re: {whatever} - [SOLVED]
And outlining the solution {as you just did}. Threaded mail readers know
that the "solved" message is part of the original thread because you
used the reply button in the first place.

more info can be found at: