[OT] Mystery of chroot / MS fans

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Jul 23 16:41:12 UTC 2007

David Boles wrote:

> Really? No. Actually I have a problem with people that don't know what
> they are talking about when they say strange things.
> from the same dictionary
>
> felony
> Function: noun

 From the Sherman Antitrust Act:

"Every person who shall monopolize, or attempt to monopolize, or combine
or conspire with any other person or persons, to monopolize any part of
the trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations,
shall be deemed guilty of a felony"

Microsoft was found guilty of violating the Sherman Act.  Therefore, the
corporation is a felon.  Corporations, being fictional persons, can not
be imprisoned.  This does not negate the dictionary definition that you
quote.  It simply means that punishments applied to corporations, when
found guilty of felony offenses, may differ from those applied to
"natural" persons.

> All I saw was several lost civil (sue you) cases against a Corp. I did not
> see any evidence of anyone committing a felony.

Now you have.

> Nor did I see anyone going to jail or prison.

Now you understand why.