Web Development

Dave Cross davorg at gmail.com
Sun May 13 18:41:33 UTC 2007

On 5/11/07, Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am looking for a web development tool in Fedora. Until now, I have
> been using the Perl Template Toolkit, and I am wondering if there is
> something similarly powerful but more convenient.
>
> Particularly, what I like about PTT is that I can change a template
> and then re-generate all pages based on that template to reflect the
> change (other tools I know of have some sort of templates, but do not
> support such updates).
>
> Plus, I like automatic creation of sitemaps, navigation menus and
> display of data extracted from files.
>
> I WYSIWYG would be nice if it creates clean and not to complicated
> code (so that it is still conveniently human-readable).

Oliver,

I'm not sure what you mean by asking for something "more convenient".
Do you realise that the Template Toolkit is pre-packaged for Fedora.
It's in the Extras repository, so installing it is as simple as:

  # yum install perl-Template--Toolkit

It's also worth pointing out that there's a mailing list dedicated to
discussing TT at: