Perl updates via yum

Jason Bertoch jason at electro-net.com
Tue Nov 13 16:55:15 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm running Fedora 7 and this morning yum wanted to update several Perl
packages.  After applying the update, I've been living a nightmare with
mismatched version numbers.  It seems that someone may be working on it because
another release became available, but there are still a number of problems.  The
current version available is perl-5.8.8-26 which seems to be built for the
2.6.20-1.3002.fc6xen architecture.  Attempting to update any other modules via
CPAN throws the following error.  Any ideas on when this will be fixed, or how I
can repair it myself?  My mail system relies heavily on Perl and it's down as a
result.

Error:  Errno architecture (i386-linux-thread-multi-2.6.20-1.3001.fc6xen) does
not match executable architecture (i386-linux-thread-multi-2.6.20-1.3002.fc6xen)
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Errno.pm line 11.

Jason A. Bertoch
Network Administrator
jason at electronet.net
Electronet Broadband Communications