Where the h%^&^%$#! is KDE 4.1 ? Part II

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 23:33:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 15:43 -0600, linuxguy wrote:
> Its now 2 weeks past the end of July, when we were told KDE 4.1 would
> ship.

It did ship at the end of July. You seem to be confusing the KDE release
date with the Fedora release date.

> I've been stuck with this crappy, half working KDE 4.0 interface
> for 6 weeks.  You could say I'm a bit miffed.

As has been said repeatedly on this list, you can install it from
updates-testing and help make it better. I've been using it for over two
weeks now with no significant problems (in fact I just checked and I
installed it on July 31st). I just did:

        yum --enablerepo=updates-testing groupupdate KDE

Maybe others have seen some issues and these are holding it back from
updates, I really don't know, but as of now it's significantly better
than 4.0.

poc