Infrastructure status, 2008-08-16 UTC 1530

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Wed Aug 20 01:47:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:49:41PM +0530, Steve Repo wrote:
> You cannot expect a non-tech enduser to be even aware such lists exist.  I'd
> expect tech-savvy and administrators to subscribe to such lists.

Personally, I'd ask said user for an e-mail address, then subscribe him
myself.  But then again, I don't think users get to make decisions.

> A message such as "There has been a problem with update service. Click here
> for detailed information (link to the website with the notice)" when yum
> update is performed is appropriate,

I have no doubt that if you offer such a patch, and the infrastructure to
host such a service, it will receive all the consideration it deserves.

Let's see... the service isn't working, nothing can be retrieved, but we're
somehow going to retrieve this pointer to the message describing the
failure to retrieve...

--
 Marc Wilson |     I joined scientology at a garage sale!!
 msw at cox.net |