Problem with system-config-printer.py

Chris Carlson cwcarlson at cox.net
Sun Jul 6 19:44:53 UTC 2008

Again, thank you for your response.

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH as my user is set to /usr/local/lib.  This is the
default setting by a default user with F9.  There are no libraries in
/usr/local/lib, so there isn't a conflict.

Since this is repeatable simply by trying to set up a printer from the
desktop, I would think others would be running into it as well.  Am I
the only one?  Or does everyone else know the manual process so well
that no one bothers to test/fix the wizard?  This is not meant as a
criticism.  I'm just looking for a solution, and I want to know the odds
of finding someone that has figured it out or is working on it.

Thanks again,
Chris