Epson CX7400 printer and FC9

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 24 03:33:52 UTC 2008

The latest version of gutenprint is supposedly able to support this
printer. Any idea where I find that? If there is one issue with Linux
it's that by the time printer and scanner hardware is supported it's no
longer in production. I can't count how many scanners I have bought
(new) which just didn't work, and by the time they worked the new model
or new firmware was out and I couldn't buy the one that works.

Anyway, I would like to use this setup because it's quite neat but
totally unsupported.

Alternatively, if I could use the USB printer and scanner directly from
Windows under kvm without causing the working system printers to die, I
would do that. Last time I tried the printer worked but the rest of the
system printers hung after I did it. :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>