F11: gnome-session save is flaky.

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Aug 25 23:47:58 UTC 2009

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> Some applications are not saved/restored after
> a boot and then a login. Sometimes, logging out
> and logging back in will restore certain applications,
> but it seems rather flaky.
>
> I sure hope this will be resolved, at least in F12, but it
> is better than F10, where it is not even implemented.

I believe that the application has to cooperate with the session manager
for that to fully work.  For example, I have Skype on my third desktop.
When I reboot or log back in, Skype always shows up on the first desktop
instead of the third.  Other apps such as Pidgin and my gnome-terminals
show up on desktops they were on when I logged out/rebooted.
-       "Yeah, but you're taking the universe out of context."       -