help (What I really wanted to say....)

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Nov 15 00:23:41 UTC 2009

Ralph Gorrill wrote:
> I yhave a DELL lap top that one of my employess loaded FEDORA on with out telling anyone...I need to remove it...he is gone and I have no password...can anyone help me please.

You don't indicate which version of Fedora was installed.

Starting with Fedora 11 the boot loader includes the latest DMM
technology.  With DMM (Don't Mess with Me) technology changes are made
to the MBR (Master Boot Record) and to the BIOS such that it is
extremely difficult to install a foreign O/S.  In many cases the only
solution would be to replaced the hard drive.

The upcoming Fedora 12 will have the follow on to DMM with the first
release of DSM.  DSM (Don't Screw with Me) is basically the same as
DMM.  However, it will implement the FA (Fatal Attraction) extensions.
DSM with the FA extensions operates in a similar fashion to DMM.
However, if you do manage to bypass the DMM features DSM with FA ensures
you will be sorry you even looked at a different O/S.  In some cases,
replacement of the hard drive can defeat FA.

The follow on to DSM is DFM.  DFM is in early development and its
release schedule has not been determined.  Several technological hurdles
need to be overcome before the release of DFM (Don't F*** with Me).
Among the hurdles to overcome are: a) Features need to be equally
effective when a system is operating on battery power or when connected
to mains power.  b) EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) needs to be delivered
via PS2, USB and Wireless Keyboards.

Good luck, for now.

--
Now it's time to say goodbye To all our company... M-I-C (see you next
week!) K-E-Y (Why? Because we LIKE you!) M-O-U-S-E. Guess Who!