screen background problem on F12

stan gryt2 at q.com
Wed Nov 25 03:39:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:19:58 -0500
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:22:05AM -0500, fred smith wrote:
> > Hi all!

> I can set a wallpaper and it disappears (i.e., reverts to the system
> default) as soon as I change desktops or log off/on.
>
> Never did that on F11, why is it doing it now, and more importantly,
> what do I do about it?

I don't use this but decided to try it because of your post.  It failed
just as you describe, F12 x86_64.

According to the documentation, all that is necessary is to use make
default.  Now, I wonder if somewhere in the background there isn't some
sort of quiet authorization failure, because it does ask for the root
password.  I took a quick look through logs (probably the wrong ones)
and didn't see anything.

I suggest you open a bug against gnome at http://bugzilla.redhat.com

> > And worse, the default image isn't the right size/shape, so it
> > leaves big white borders on the left and right side of the
> > screen. :(

This isn't true on my computer, covers the screen.  In fact, I quite
like the default image.