F11: keyboard issues after upgrade: GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla and keyboard preferences

Rodrigo Renault rodrigolrenault at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:31:35 UTC 2009

2009/9/15 wwp <subscript at free.fr>

> BTW, does "IMSETTINGS_IGNORE_ME=yes" tells that it will ignore the
> GTK_IM_MODULE I previously set in ~/.bash_profile?

The only thing I found about the "IMSETTINGS_IGNORE_ME" was: "A parameter to
hide Input Method from the inventory", but I believe that it's not the
problem.I forgot to tell you that Fedora 11  did not install the immodules
package by default, so try to install them.

# yum install gtk2-immodules

Then for precaution update your immodules list.

*#gtk-query-immodules-2.0-32*

Then edit your "none.conf" file again, setting "cedilla" input method
"GTK_IM_MODULE=gtk-im-cedilla".

And finally edit the file "/etc/gtk-2.0/i386-redhat-linux-gnu/gtk.immodules"
search for the line
*"cedilla" "Cedilla" "gtk20" "/usr/share/locale"
"az:ca:co:fr:gv:oct:sq:tr:wa"*
and add your keyboard.

in my case: *"cedilla" "Cedilla" "gtk20" "/usr/share/locale"
"az:ca:co:fr:gv:oct:sq:tr:wa:en"*

Reboot your system, and see your input method
cat ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/interface/%gconf.xml

Search for something like this:
    <entry name="gtk-im-module" mtime="1229379660" type="string">
        <stringvalue>gtk-im-cedilla</stringvalue>
    </entry>

Now I believe that you will be able to use cediila.

Regards,