acroread and links in /tmp to cups PPD's

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Apr 14 09:28:17 UTC 2010

On 04/14/2010 10:22 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 04/14/2010 04:06 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:

>>> Don't execute acroread directly.  Call it from a script and have the
>>> script delete the files before it exits?
>>
>> Hi Ed,
>>
>> surely I can enwrap acroread into a script, but this only cures the
>> symptoms and not the cause of this misbehaviour.
> Well, since you're getting acroread from Adobe and it isn't OSS then I
> doubt much can be done other than curing the symptom.  :-(
>
> Of course you need to file a "bugzilla" with Adobe, right?

Hi Ed,

To be a little bit more precise, I found out that this problem with the
links has nothing to do with acroread:

After booting into runmode 5 and logging in into a GNOME session,
immediately after having logged in, these two links have been created,
and I'm sure, no acroread runs or has run.

This does not happen if logging in into a KDE session.

Additionally, if booting into runmode 3 and logging in on a text
console, no such links are created.

Who could create such links in /tmp to /etc/cups/ppd/...????