SSH tunnel for ssh traffic

Mail Llists lists at sapience.com
Fri Apr 16 18:43:10 UTC 2010

>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to ssh to some remote VM that sit in a private LAN. For any other
>> service (e.g. RDP) I'd use ssh tunneling just normal.
>> But what do I do for ssh traffic? Since ssh is not host agnostic, it
>> will always complain about localhost having a different RSA key.
>> I just do not want to edit the known_hosts every time I need to connecto
>> to a new machine!

  Not exactly sure I understand your needs - but just to add another
cherry to your pie - have you considered using ssh and tun device to
make vpn to your lan ?

  Do a "man ssh" and search for VPN - there is a section there called
"SSH-BASED VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORKS" which may be of interest and/or use.

  gene/