events/0 eats 50% CPU when Network Manager runs

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Thu Apr 22 07:03:04 UTC 2010

On 04/11/2010 11:43 AM, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> When the CPU load is high, the machine is slow to respond to keyboard
> events.

I've found the solution:

The e1000e NIC had stopped working, which I hadn't
noticed since I'm nearly always on wireless.

Shutting down and starting again didn't solve
the problem.

I had to remove the battery from the laptop
and inserting it again after a few minutes
to get the NIC to reset.

No more high CPU load from events/[01].

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Mobile: +45 22 12 53 25
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk