Loss of X

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Aug 2 05:50:38 UTC 2010

On 07/29/2010 03:27 PM, binarynut at comcast.net wrote:
> (EE) AIGX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/lib64/libexpat.so1: invalid ELF header)

I'd suggest downloading the rpm for expat (x86_64), then 'rpm -e expat'
and 'rpm -ivh expat-xxx.rpm'.  Maybe save a copy of the /lib64/libexpat*
files for later examination to figure out what corrupted them.  If you
don't see anything that might have, check the system RAM using
memtest86+ and check the hard disk for problems.  If the hard disk
supports SMART, you can look at 'palimpsest' to see if any failures are
reported.