F-13 new wireless routers -

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Aug 16 17:16:46 UTC 2010

JD wrote:

> Actually, it is impossible to secure wireless. That's because the
> publicly available crypto systems being used were deliberately
> designed to be broken in real time by parties with very keen
> interest in such ability. The how of such methods of course remain
> in the sole domain of the keenly interested parties :)

You can make the argument that it is impossible to secure any network if some
with enough funding wants to get in. If I was doing anything really private over
wireless I would (have) just open a VPN and go through that. Either formal VPN
or ssh tunnel as needed.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>