OT: soundcard Oscilloscope.

Mick M. off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 11:36:51 UTC 2010

> From: Rick Stevens <ricks at nerd.com>
> xscope is NOT xoscope.
typo

> > I just tried to build it and there are a number of
> references to
> deprecated GTK calls such as "GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE" and
> "GTK_WIDGET_STATE" (all deprecated since GTK V2.2).
> These can be
> gotten around by running "./configure", then editing
>

> ~/xoscope-2.0/gtkdatabox-0.6.0.0/gtk/Makefile
>
> and deleting the "-DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED" line in that
> file.  Then
> run "make" and it'll build.

Yes - that is the make error that I ran into.
When you run it you have 3 choices for input:
File -> device->SoundCard, ProbeScope and BitScope.

Soundcard gives 'opening /dev/dsp "no such file or directory"'

/dev is totally different now, there is no /dev/dsp.
There is a /dev/snd directory, with no obvious correlation to /dev/dsp.

Mick M