How to debug resume (suspend) problems?

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sat Aug 28 08:21:37 UTC 2010

Am 27.08.2010 22:09, schrieb Konstantin Svist:
> Check if numlock+capslock are flashing -- if they are, kernel crashed
>
> Check if you can switch to a virtual terminal with Ctrl+Alt+F2..F6

No, I tried that before (sorry, did not mention that)

> edit /etc/sysctl.conf and set sysreq = 1. After that, when you get a
> freeze, try using REISUB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reisub) to reboot

I enabled the magic sysrq and verified that I can use it when the system
is up and running. When provoked a resume failure, the system did not
react to any of the sysrq combinations.

So it looks to me like the system is just completely dead. Any ideas how
I can gather more information? Suspend/resume worked well in Fedora 12
and in the beginnings of Fedora 13 so I really want to have that feature
back!

fs