[Request] Adding the DebugInfo packages to the Mirrors

Sawrub luckysharma11 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:00:26 UTC 2010

FTP listing of the Fedora mirrors hosted in India, is missing the
debuginfo packages. I'm able to locate the same under most of the
International mirrors with few of them to list picked from the mirror
list hosted at http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/12/ are
-
ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/Linux/fedora/linux/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/
debug/
-
ftp://ftp.crihan.fr/mirrors/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/
debug/
-
ftp://fedora.c3sl.ufpr.br/fedora-enchilada/linux/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/
debug/

  But none of the local mirrors mentioned out there seems to have that
be it
- ftp://ftp.iitm.ac.in/fedora/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/
- ftp://mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in/fedora/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/
- ftp://fedora.glug-nith.org/linux/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/
with an exception of one but with stale packages, dating back to Nov'09.
http://fedoramirror.hnsdc.com/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/

I request the admins to please take the neccessary steps for getting
this done as the ABRT needs them for generating the backtrace. ABRT uses
' yumdownloader' as said in '/usr/bin/abrt-debuginfo-install' which in
turn looks for local mirrors but in vain has to look abroad for the same
which in itself is a time consuming task, and the purpose of mirrors is
not fulfilled to fullest.

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644