Phone calls from laptop

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jul 16 13:17:07 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:41:25 +0530,
  RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA <rkbabu.koppula at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:46 PM, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You understood what I want. If anybody has a solution please let me know.

I believe it is possible to do that as Dahdi (once known as Zaptel) used to
work with cheap modem cards. I don't know if the current version still has
that support. But that would be a direction for you to investigate.

If it does work than you would also want to run asterisk to handle the phone
line and then you would have another local app (such as twinkle or ekiga)
that would talk to asterisk using sip or iax2.