Question on recording of audio output of steaming websites from sound card in my Fedora Linux 11

ranjan sundar njan79 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 12:23:44 UTC 2010

Hello all !!

I want to record audio output from sound card in my Fedora Linux 11 (from
any generic audio source streams). But unable to do so with existing Sound
recorder. Nothing gets recorded when i do so.

I am playing Shoutcast radio online in my browser and looking at many
websites i tried to do some steps on vlc,audacity etc etc. nothing works.
Moreover those websites ask me to download the metafile and look for
mms,rtsp and stuff like that and the do the recording stuffs. im unable to
get those metafiles.

Given this case is there a generic procedure to record audio output from
sound card in my Fedora Linux 11 ?

Any help is really appreciated !!

Thanks
Jan