firefox bug (fedora or mozilla?)

Roger K. Wells ROGER.K.WELLS at saic.com
Thu Jul 29 18:37:19 UTC 2010

  On 07/30/2010 02:12 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've come across some sites that only partially render when using
> firefox.  I had been using 3.0.15 so upgraded to 3.6.6 from Remi
> Collet's repository in hopes of better functionality but the problem
> persists.  Note that both of these render correctly when using Chrome.
>
> [1] has three columns.  Column one is the login box and it doesn't
> display.  By drilling down using firebug I can change the iframe to
> "display: block" and it appears and is functional.  I can't remember
> where I found the error but the complaint was that it couldn't find
> busybox.  I don't know if that is a dependency but it isn't part of the
> standard install; yum installing it had no effect (which I expected
> because I think there is also a javascript busybox).
>
> [2] has two columns.  The left one is the TOC but it doesn't display
> either.  I can't figure out that one but am inclined to believe it is
> also javascript related.
>
> Would some brave soul be so kind as to give these a whirl and let me
> know if it works for them?

These both appear the same on FireFox (3.6.7) & Chrome (version unknown).
uname: Linux rwells-fc 2.6.33.6-147.fc13.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 6
22:32:17 UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This may be totally unrelated but....
When watching the oil leak live feed on MSNBC (
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37412412#37412412) on FireFox
the video freezes after a few seconds.  On Chrome it runs forever.
HTH,
roger wells

--
Roger Wells, P.E.