Why are 0 karma updates still being released?

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Jun 3 05:19:26 UTC 2010

Le 03/06/2010 07:04, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

>> If a package does not get negative karma, I think the 2-week-wait /
>> push-to-stable treatment is reasonable. YMMV.

+1

> With the exception of critical security and bug fixes which needs to be
> tested but for a shorter period of time.

+1

I also encounter some very bad user experience
- A user ask for a new branch / version of a package
- I do the job and push it to updates-testing
- After a few weeks, no feedback

Really frustrated... :(

So, I could have left it in testing forever, but I prefer to push it to
stable (no bad karma), mainly because I don't want to manage a too long
list of packages waiting in testing...

Karma is really a great tool, but not enough used...

+

P.S. an example
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/mysql++-3.0.9-4.el5