how to download videos

Parshwa Murdia b330bkn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 16:33:26 UTC 2010

> Also you can use:
>
> 1. Firefox extension:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/?src=api
>
> 2. CLI : youtube-dl URL
>
>   to install: yum install youtube-dl

yes, it works.

> If you can find the address of the media file that's actually played,
> rather than just the media player, you can download that with the wget
> command.  *Finding* out that information is the harder part.
>
> With the Flashblock Firefox plugin, you can copy the address of
> currently blocked Flash content, and paste that address into something
> else, such as the command line.  But what I've said previously still
> stands:  Sometimes you'll find the address for a directly playable Flash
> file, othertimes you'll end up with the address for the Flash player,
> and that player would normally have played the media in the webpage.
> But it won't do anything for you when you download it as a file.

it happened becoz wget always see the url and saves that. if it is of the
page, it saves that and if of the video-id., it downloads that. and that is
very tough to find the address of the media file, so i just for now
installed DownloadHelper.

> I have been using "Video Downloadhelper"
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/
> for Firefox add-on which
> has a pop-up menu, which has a choice to copy the
> flash's url to the clipboard.
> You can then paste that url to the  wget command.

works great and including youtube for website also it works.