Initiating "squid.conf" for a desktop PC with FC11

Parshwa Murdia b330bkn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 16:55:56 UTC 2010

(not exactly sure) at least three generations of Fedora.  Subjectively
> faster as Tim said because there is no retrieval of ads from the ad
> servers.

I w'd have to go to the tutorial to know and see how it works, but as you
say you have a decent experience to use it, I think it would be good to
implement it.

Doubt now cleared that proxy for a single PC would not be good.

> > 2. For security purpose so that intruders or transpassers cannot keep
> > an eye.
>
> A proxy isn't going to stop someone seeing what you browse, if they can
> do that.  They'll still be able to see what's being browsed through the
> proxy.  On the other hand, for a LAN with multiple users, a caching
> proxy can actually be a security problem, if users access things that
> aren't secured (when they should be), and the proxy caches it.
>
> On the other hand, you can use a filtering proxy that simply doesn't
> fetch some data (e.g. when a page asks for an advert, or known tracking
> images, etc., the proxy can be filtered so it doesn't allow it).  If
> that's what you mean, then privoxy is one thing that works that way.

I meant only the later which is, in fact, proxy filtering. It is proxy
filtering to be implemented as far as security is concerned.